Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Walk through the bible by Celyne

First of all, I would like to give thanks to our Lord that I had graduated from the disciple red class. The disciple red class took three semesters to finish. When I first came to join the Sunday service at SMCGC, I found that this church was offering some courses that help students to grow in their spiritual life.  But that time the disciple class in Chinese was full and only had English class available.  I have great interest to join because I want to know more about the Bible. However, it might be difficult for me to join this class because my English is not good. With the encouragement from brothers and sisters in Christ, finally I made up my mind to join the class together with my friend, Hui Hui as she was also interest in it.

When I first joined the class, I totally knew nobody in the class except my friend, Hui Hui. Then, I just sat quietly and listened to our facilitator instruction. At first, there were eleven students joined the course.  But in the end, only seven of us managed to finish the course. Our class was scheduled at 1pm to 4pm every Sunday. So basically on Sunday, I spent half of my day at the church.  In our classes, we discussed the topic together with the guidance of our facilitators. Some of my classmates do not hesitate to ask questions they were curious of, and I was the quiet and shy member in the class.  After several lessons, the relationships between each member of the disciple class became closer.  We shared our experiences and stories, and had joined short-term mission trip to longhouses and had fun together.  Next, I would like to thank Ms. Fidella and Ms. Irene for their guidance throughout this course.

Sometimes, we may not understand the meaning of God’s Word and His purposes. But God said, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)  Through this disciple class, my Bible knowledge has increased and my relationship with God is stronger than before. I also understand better the differences between the Old and New Testament. By reading the Word of God, I have learned to rely on Him more and my time management has improved as well.  I was able to strike a balance between my school work and my Bible reading and preparation plus activities at the church.

Last but not least, I am glad that I have the opportunity to join this great course and I encourage you to join as well. Although it may take up a lot of time on preparing and studying the Bible, but the time spend is worth it and you will experience lots of different things in your journey. The may think that you can’t do it, but Jesus said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)  Ask, seek and knock from Him, you will experience how God work miracles and lead you in your life that he had designed for you.  Hence, give yourself a chance to get closer with God.


There are 11 of us at the beginning of the Disciple Red Class.

Finally, there are only 7 of us are graduated from the Disciple Red Class.