Tuesday, December 16, 2014

English Disciple 1 by James

The Disciple One was a good experience. If i were to be brutally honest, i would have never joined such a course had it not been for my brother's persuasion. At first, i felt pretty uncomfortable as the atmosphere was pretty quiet and weird and it was only worsened by my introverted personality. However, as time went by, our class got smaller but it also became much more comfortable and each lesson was one to look forward to and not one to avoid. The mission trip to Balingian was definitely a highlight for me during my time taking the Disciple One course as it marked the period where i got felt and got much closer with my Disciple One classmates. It felt really good to be able to experience such a time with my classmates.

I'd also like to thank our course instructors Irene and Fidella as they both bring something different in the way they teach and handle the class. Although not all the questions that were asked by some of us had a clear answer, both of them still gave their input and that was helpful for us. I have to admit that the daily homework of the Disciple One can be quite difficult at times as there really was a lot to read and think about. However, ultimately it laid the foundation in the pursuit of knowledge of our Father in heaven. I believe Disciple One helped to foster my interest in reading the Bible as I was never really interested in reading the Bible until Disciple One forced me to pick up the Bible (which was a good thing!). There was a lot to learn about Jesus, about God and the purpose of each of the different books in the bible.

Lots of memories were created during my time in taking the Disciple One and it is something I will miss. Friendships were fostered, good times were made and lessons from the Bible were learnt. The Disciple One is something I would urge every fellow Christian to take and even for non-believers too. The quest for knowledge of God's plans and thoughts will never be fully complete (anytime soon) but however the Disciple One lays a solid foundation in that aspect.

Thanks for reading,
James Soo