Tuesday, December 16, 2014

English Disciple 1 by HuiHui

It was the 2nd semester of 2013 and I have just started my university life at Miri Curtin. I also joined SMCGC not too long and I remembered one Sunday it was Ms. Fidella who made an announcement about the English Disciple Course.  I can barely remember finding Ms. Fidella after the service with my friend, Celyne and asking if we could join the disciple course.  The reason I was so interested and registered immediately was because through the course I could learn more about the Bible.  Also, in my mother church, the Disciple Course was mostly for the adults to join. So I am glad that to be given the opportunity to join in SMCGC.
When the class started, I was very quiet and shy.  For those who know me well will know that, that was not my real character. The reason I was like that is because the other classmates are older than me and I was not familiar with them.  It was not until the second semester of the Disciple class, that I began to reveal playful and “annoying” nature of mine. Besides that, due to my poor English, it’s a little bit difficult for me to learn. However, thanks to Ms Fidella, Irene, and other students for helping me patiently, so that I could learn it smoothly.
In this disciple course, we need to study the Bible every day, and every Sunday we need to take 2 and half hours to go to church and discuss about the Bible together with our classmates and facilitators.  Other than that, we also went to a mission trip to share the gospel. This time we went to Rumah Balingian with GMC uncles and aunties.  All of the things we did in disciple course are also the condition of a disciple. Disciples need to study and understand God’s Words, fellowship with others, and most important is to share the gospel, be a living testimony and learn to love others.
In this 3 semester-long course, I learned a lot. I also became more aware of the idea of God and the idea of human nature. Human are very weak, and very forgetful, often forget how God has helped and led us, often sinned against other people, and offended God. But God still loves us, never give up on us, and has not forgotten the promises given. I also understand more of the Old and New Testament.  It’s not only a history of Israelites; it’s also a guide for our life.
This disciple class had become an important part of my university life that I will never forget because I have learned a lot and also met awesome friends.


By Hui Hui