Thursday, December 18, 2014

Back to the year 2012 by Jason Soh

          Back to the year 2012, where I took my first steps into SMCGC. I met a lot of new friends and they have been encouraging me to take part in Disciple Red which only has few vacant left. I was also informed that I have to spend at least 30 minutes in studying the bible every day and 2 hours 30 minutes for the Disciple Red class. I was in the 3rd year of Bachelor of Chemical Engineering and I entangled in some other club activities and studies that directly lead me into a serious dilemma. I was worried that I could not spend enough time in doing my revision and completing my assignments when everything piled up during the peak moments. At last, I took up the challenge and gave myself a chance to try for the first three weeks.
          After the three weeks of probation, I felt that the classes are interesting and it has created the passion for me to know more about God and also being a Christian. At the same time, I still doubted myself that I could manage to squeeze my time to do my revisions. This will be a tough challenge in the first few weeks which I have a shortage of time in compare with others. But as time goes by, I have learnt to plan my work ahead and complete them as soon as possible by reducing all the time taken to procrastinate that time management is very crucial in our daily life.
          Through the classes I attended in Disciple Red, I have gained a lot of knowledge and knowing God more deeply. Beside from that, I also experienced some positive changes in me. The changes are quite specific to practice to be Christlike which means by the way we behave resembling the spirit of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ has endured all the pain and hardship than most of us and He also did not complain on the way he is treated. Therefore, I have experienced that I have become more humble and endure to overcome the obstacles of life. On the other hand, the study of Old and New testaments have given me a better insight on the history of Christianity.

          Last but not least, I want to take this opportunity to thank our facilitators, Ms Fidella and Irene who have strongly urged me to sign up for this Disciple Red. Although it is not an easy journey in Disciple Red that we always have to make sacrifice on our busy schedule, but always pray to God assist us in our problems. We should always remember that there is no problem so big that God cannot solve it.