Monday, October 14, 2013

My Experience in Disciple 1 Class

-->
     About one and a half year ago when I came to Curtin as my first year, I did not think of taking any extra class. With the new environment of a university life I would not want to add another “subject” to my study list, but with the encouragement of the brothers, sisters and pastor plus with a long consideration and prayer, I took the first step and decided to give it a try for the growth of my spiritual life. At first it was really difficult as the disciple class requires all the students to read a few chapters of the Bible every day and every weekend we need to spend at least two and a half hours in class to discuss, watch a shot video and further examine on the word of God.

      In this disciple 1 course, it consists of 34 chapters; each chapter was designed to let the reader walk through the whole Bible after completing it. In each chapter it has a theme words which will be the subject and direction of the lessons for the day. It is a very well organize Bible study materials as it have a focus on our human condition related to the theme which were related to the Bible with today’s world. Beside that it also have the part of “The Bible Teaching” which it further explain with map, diagram or timeline on the passage read from the Bible, along with some question related to our current world’s situation. 

      Walking through the Bible with this disciple course was not an easy task, but with God’s grace and the encouragement of all my classmates I would say that it have come to an end of this part. With this mind set of additional “subject” have slowly turned to a spiritual need for me; by reading and understanding of the word of God daily it have made me more rely on His words, His commandments and His teaching. Other than this due to the time I needed to allocate to spend time on reading and doing the task, it helps me in a way to manage my time more efficient.

       During the first day of class there were 13 of us, but one has left the group due to transfer of university. In this group each has a different experience and understanding of God’s words. As the days goes by our relationship with each other grew better as we started to care for each other, in prayer, and also during our class we do share of our little secret and our life journey on how God has lead and guide us. At the end of the first year we went for a mission trip to Sebauh long house. Over there we have the chance to share the knowledge we learn in class to the people in Sebauh area, and most important we have the chance to bring the good news to the people over there. Through this 34 chapter I have learn a lot and gain more understanding, I will continue to grow and partake other courses available in future time.

Decision, choices and opportunity are always there for us, that is the point which will either we choose to take a step forward and to make a life changing experience or to keep staying at the same point and let nothing happened to our life. I have challenged myself to take this step and I felt the changes God made in me and I have a new experience, the experience only I can have and remember. A question for you, are you still on the same point you were yesterday? Challenge yourself, and let God work miracles and wonders in your life…